Sunday, September 13, 2009

Curtain tie backs

Okay, I fixed the post below this one. It now has pictures!

But I did forget to mention two things: I also sewed velcro strips onto the bibs to make it easy for my grandma to put them on by herself (though, I don't know if she actually does do it herself). Also, I forgot to mention the best part of my trip: playing with Charlie! Charlie is my aunt's really big dog, he's half yellow lab and half chow. He's pretty darn adorable. As soon as I get a good picture of him, I'll post it. We played fetch most of the time, but one day we just frolicked in the back yard. We ran and jumped and he barked and I laughed - I love that dog! It's too bad that he wouldn't fit in my suitcase. I want a doggy so badly. When I put it into perspective, I'd really rather have a dog than a boyfriend.

Anyway, I said in my first post that I wanted to make curtain tie-backs (my mom told me the proper name) for the living room curtains. I actually finished them the week before we flew off to California. They came out wonderfully and look a lot better than alligator clips!



Sorry, but this is the best close-up picture I could get. Apparently the lighting in the living room isn't that good. All the more reason for the tie-backs! I used a diamond stitch and made sure to make a button-hole at the end. That was pretty easy once I made sense of the instructions I had found online. Then, I chose two pearl buttons from my huge tub of buttons and sewed them on. Thank goodness I already knew how to do that. Here's how they looked on the curtains:



I really like them and my mom thinks they're handy, too. But they do look better on the curtains when I'm the one to put them on. It probably would have been better if I had done two buttons on each, but oh well.

Now, I really must get on to my poetry homework. I am really trying to keep the procrastination monster at bay this year.

1 comment: